Nowhere in the Bible does it tell you to hate other people for having a different religion than you. NOWHERE. So if you're thumping the good book in one hand while shaking your other hand in a fist at Muslims and turning your back on refugees, you are a hypocrite, and you get ZERO respect from me. If you truly want to be able to call yourself a Christian without it being blasphemy, shut your mouth, put down your fist, and read the book you have in your hand.
- “You shall not oppress a sojourner. You know the heart of a sojourner, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. --Exodus 23:9
- “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. --Leviticus 19:33-34
- And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God. --Leviticus 19:10
- “Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts. --Malichi 3:5
- Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. -- Hebrews 13:2
- “‘Cursed be anyone who perverts the justice due to the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ --Deuteronomy 27:19
- Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place. --Jeremiah 22:3